Monday, April 21, 2008

The details

Every day that passes I get more excited about this house we bought! I told you I'd give some details, so here you go. This house was originally WAY out of our price range, but since we won the lottery...ok, the details aren't that interesting. The owners of the house moved out of state and so they've been paying double mortgages. They were desperate to sell. The price of the house was dropped multiple tens of thousands, and fell right into our range. The day our offer was accepted another realator told them she had clients who wanted to buy. WHEW!! Just in the nick of time. Not a moment to spare. Down to the wire. There was no time like the present, so we bit the bullet. We got 'er done. Yada yada yada, so on and so forth.

The house is in Gresham, about 2 blocks away from my parents, which is the house I grew up in. My kids will stomp in the same grounds as their mother did. The neighborhood is new, built in 2005 on the site of a huge field my sister and the Tucker girls and I would run around in back in the day. The only downside to it is that the driveway is sloped and it is on a corner, so we won't be able to put in the basketball hoop Dan has always wanted for the boys. We're talking about someday revamping the backyard (also sloped) to be able to add that Court of Dreams.

Here's a few more pictures of the house, not as exciting as the last ones for some of you, but that utility sink in the laundry room (that's upstairs by the bedrooms so I'll have a better chance of putting clean clothes away) is never going to look as good as this picture after Ty's muddy/ketchuppy clothes and shoes get hosed off in there.
This is the blah green dining room (the color is way worse in person) that we're going to paint. Faith and Karina will be my advisors because I have no prayer of choosing the right color, I just know that this one is wrong. Interior design is not my forte.

I love the glass doors on the some of the kitchen cabinets. But I guess we should get some dishes more worthy of display than the Hot Wheels, Diego, and Tigger sets we have now.

6 comments:

Jeremy and RaeAnn said...

So exciting! Can't wait to see it when you guys are moved in. Love the new blog background too!- RaeAnn

Marla Taviano said...

Wow! Congratulations! Bless the Lord for giving you a crazy-cool house in your price range!

You KNOW I'm definitely coming out west to meet/visit you now!!

I just spoke at a MOPS group this morning about not envying others... So, allow me to practice what I preach.

HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

Faith said...

YAY! Can't wait to help "advise" you:)

Jon and Erin said...

Wow! What a great looking house. You're gonna have so much fun with it I imagine. Congrats!

Jenne said...

I drool at the utility sink. With boys, it is just a necessity. Mud, mud, mud, mud, mud. (and Ketchup.)

Congrats.

. said...

I am so excited for you guys! I tagged you, go to our blog and copy and paste!