Monday, May 04, 2009

Boo Swine Flu

Has anyone out there heard the words swine and flu mentioned recently? Just curious. It has come up a few times at work lately. OH WAIT, a few gazillion times. I walked into work the other night to find our waiting room bursting at the seams with people convinced they are knocking on death's door beause they had traveled to Mexico within the last 29 years and now have a runny nose. I'm just going to take a moment to tell you about all the other emergency departments in the Portland area you can go to if you're thinking about getting yourself tested. Great, great hospitals ready willing and able to stick a swab up your nose and send you home with a wad of Kleenex and a pat on the back after a mere 5 hour wait.

My educated opinion on the swine flu? Wash your hands, don't sneeze in other people's faces, and I'm personally encouraging my children to avoid the following...

9 comments:

ChrissyG said...

Love that picture! Swine Flu, I hear Mom's freaking out about this ALL the time at school.

Jenne said...

So, like, you don't want me to call you with a run-down of the could-be-flu-like-but-maybe-its-a-hangnail symptoms? The phone is to my ear. I am ready to dial. I see snot. Really. IT COULD BE BAD.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Best post ever, and best picture ever. Yay for girls night soon:)

Anonymous said...

I have a "pig" that I kiss every day. All I caught was a cold. ;-)
Melanie B.

Marla Taviano said...

Oh, you poor thing! You should call in sick.

Diane Meyer said...

Made my day. :-)

colliganclan said...

Oh man, that was hilarious! Love it!

Tonya said...

That picture makes the mom in me CRINGE! Thanks for the funny post, I can imagine its in large part to our media that you have been overwhelmed by the hypochondriacs of the world..... hang in there!

rebecca meyer said...

Love the picture! And no kidding about the virus going around--there's ALWAYS a flu going around, so okay this is a different strain...I personally think it's kind of ridiculous all the hype it's getting. Just wash your hands--like you said!