Thursday, February 26, 2009

Rip off

As the title of this post indicates, I'm completely stealing this idea. I have a knack for that sort of thing. I have little/no creativity of my own, so I like to just take other people's ideas and pretend creativity is oozing out of my pores. Hey, at least I'm giving credit where credit is due. Not even a footnote, or an end note, but a before-anything-else note. I stole this idea from my good friend Marla Taviano. I realize I'm already completely butchering this post because guess what it's supposed to be called? "Word sabbath."

Yes, Marla, I'm taking your idea and running with it. Except maybe I'm just walking, or perhaps crawling because your "word sabbath" posts never have words in them, thus the "word sabbath" title. But I did have to explain myself. You did that in your first word sabbath post, didn't you? Anyway, from time to time I'm just going to post pictures. (Insert laughter here. Like I'm ever going to post anything without a ridiculously long explanation. I'll try to keep the words to a minimum, how about.) FYI "minimum" just may be the world's most difficult word to type. I'd be ashamed to admit how many times I had to use the backspace key to get that one right. Whew, on to the "word sabbath." Enjoy. And give all credit to Marla. Except for the actual picture taking, that was all me.

Alright already, here you go. Word sabbath:





4 comments:

Zona Wilson said...

While I L-O-V-E your words and every bit of your wordiness, these pictures do tell a whole story all on their own. Just don't abandon written expression altogether, K?

Marla Taviano said...

If you want to get technical, I actually explained the first Word Sabbath in my first Swirly Saturday post.

But I'm fairly certain you don't want to get technical.

Mi casa es su casa. In other words, rip me off anytime you want, friend!

And I'm with Zona--I adore your wordiness. And you too!

Jenne said...

What fun! Nice attempt at a Sabbath from words.

Oh, and I thought of you this morning, as Strep reared its ugly head in my throat today. Fast and furious, it came, partnered with - yup you guessed it - a breast infection.

Praise be to the God of the universe for giving us antibiotics, vicodin, and doctors on call that are willing to perscribe over the phone.

Jenne said...

Just thought i would set the record straight that this would be ROUND 3 of strep. But round 2 was just a teeny-tiny case. Round 1 and 3 about did me in.

But I'm feeling much better now.