Tuesday, February 03, 2009

One word

I saw this on a friend's facebook page (thanks Julie!) and thought it was interesting. Then I realized I probably couldn't do it. Know why? I have to respond to each question with only ONE WORD. I've been called a lot of things in my life, but "One-Word" Stump is definitely not one of them. Especially when I write. Like this paragraph for instance, I could have just said, "read this, it's interesting" but why would I do that when I love trying to type 75 WPM (with 95 errors, but who's counting?) This is probably one of the hardest things I've done in a long time. And you're about to witness it. Wish me luck. Here I go:

Where is your cell phone? purse
Your hair? new
Your father? dependable
Your favorite thing? family
Your dream last night? chaos
Your favorite drink? coffee
Your dream goal? grandma
The room you are in? office
Your fear? trials
Where do you want to be in 6 years? here
Muffins? poppyseed
One of wish list items? vacation
Where did you grow up? here
The last thing you did? type
What you are wearing? jeans
Your t.v.? large
Your pets? Puggle
Your computer? used
Your life? blessed
Your mood? thoughtful
Missing someone? Lillie's
Your car? necessity
Favorite store? Ross
Your favorite color? green
When is the last time you laughed? just
Last time you cried? weeks
Favorite Show? LOST
In love? Absolutely
Favorite Restaurant? Red Robin
Do you or don't you? Snore? Nope

Are you impressed? It only took me an hour. Longer than it takes me to type my typical 9000 words. Why can I not help being so verbose? (One of my favorite honors English vocab words.) So long-winded? So garrulous and loquacious? Dangit, my spell check just told me that poppyseed is actually two words. I can't win.

6 comments:

Marla Taviano said...

Nobody called you One-Word Stump when you were little? I'm shocked.

Faith said...

Yes, and Red Robin is also two words. Great job though! Thanks again for dropping off those books!! You are so sweet.

Marla-Ang just gave me your book Expecting today. I looked through it and it's adorable!! Thanks!

See you tomorrow night Ang. Love ya.

ang said...

Okay, I'm a dork. Red Robin IS two words, who'd a thought? I'll change it to...Outback. That just took me another 15 minutes, thanks Faith.

Anonymous said...

Nice. I'm not even going to attempt this one. But I enjoyed reading yours!

Marla Taviano said...

Hey, One-Word Stump. When ya gonna post again?

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm right there with you on the lacking one word ability while writing. I'm facebooking but I don't try to answer those. Hmmmm, by the way I love your blog and writing. I'm in the room with you...because you've taken me there. Will check in again. KEEP WRITING!...and ya know...spellcheck can be wrong ;o)